Adult Tennis Lessons
Adult Tennis Programs (16 yrs. & Older)
Click HERE to register
BEGINNING For students with little or no previous tennis instruction. Students will be introduced to the forehand, backhand, serve, and basic vocabulary. Class goal: maintain a six-to-ten shot "short court" rally and serve an average of 1 out of 3 balls into the correct service box.
ADVANCED BEGINNING For students completing 10 or more hours of beginning tennis. In this level, we will be adding movement to groundstroke rallying and improving serving technique. Class goal: maintain a full-court rally and serve an average of 1 out of 2 balls into the correct service box.
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED For students who have completed 10-20 hours of advanced beginning tennis. Students will be introduced to volleys and overheads while improving overall confidence and consistency of the forehand, backhand and serve. Added movement becomes a key component at this level. Class goal: to be able to play an actual singles or doubles match.
DRILL CLASS Prerequisite: Intermediate course or instructor approval. Workouts cover ground strokes, volleys, overheads, and serving drills. A great class for those wanting to move and hit lots of tennis balls.
CARDIO TENNIS Looking for an exercise program that doesn’t just help you get fit but one that puts a smile on your face? Cardio tennis is a fun, new way to burn calories and get in shape. This group activity features a variety of drills to get your heart healthy. Workouts will include warm-up, cardio workout, and cool down phases.
On rainy days, staff may close the courts until they are playable. Call (408) 247-0178 to see if courts are dry. Credit will be issued for paid, unused time if it rains during play. Make ups will be scheduled for lesson and league rainouts.
Tennis Program Notes
1. Pre-registration is required for all tennis programs.
2. No registrations for classes accepted by phone.
3. Leagues and lessons may be combined or cancelled based on registrations. Participants may be reassigned according to age, ability, and class size.
4. Course withdrawals must be requested at least 7 days prior to the start of class; subject to supervisor's approval if less than 7 days before start of class. Refunds may be used toward future registrations or may be refunded by calling the Santa Clara Tennis Center (restrictions and fees may apply) No refunds will be issued for requests received less than 5 working days prior to the start of the class or program.
5. Full refunds will be granted for classes or programs cancelled by Lifetime Tennis.
6. No refunds or credits given for non attendance.
7. Make ups for rain outs will be posted on line and/or in guide. Refunds not granted for non attendance.